Monday, May 02, 2005

The "Ottawaness" of Lisgar O'Connor's Blog

Well, the Ottawa Citizen's Alex Munter said it: "You've got to love the Ottawaness of this blog's name, which recounts the trials and tribulations of two struggling musicians." And in the same stroke of his pen, he placed Lisgar O'Connor's blog at number 4 of the Top Ten Ottawa Blogs.

Well, thank you very much Mr. Munter, Lisgar O'Connor is flattered and hopes to live up to any expectations this nomination might create.

"On any Top 10 list, the number 4 spot is probably the most comfortable," said Bill. "It's right in the meaty part of the curve, close enough to the no. 1 spot, but far enough from no. 10. Number 9 is to be avoided at all costs: thanks to the Beatles, we know that when played backwards, it sounds like 'Turn me on, dead man'."

"Four is my lucky number," added Sly. "If I had one fewer fingers in my left hand, I'd have four. If I had three fewer orifices in my head, I'd have four. I have two arms and two legs; that makes four limbs. If I break two strings on my guitar, hey, I still have four left! I once was exactly 4 feet tall (when I was 8 years old -- two times four). But I will never be 4 metres tall."

Congratulations to Lana Stewart who reached the no. 1 spot. Go visit her blog at http://www.placeandthyme.com/; she does take nice pictures. Hey, maybe she'll come and take pictures of Lisgar O'Connor at our next gig!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home